Hummus is an Arab recipe based on chickpeas, tahini (sesame paste) and cumin. Like Baba ganoush, it is a tasty sauce that can be eaten alone or can be used to season meat, vegetables or bread. Today, I show you how to prepare a classic hummus in just 5 minutes: the easiest and most enjoyable way to make an appetizer to share with your friends.
- 1 and 1/2 cup cooked chickpeas
- 1/2 lemon juice
- 1 clove garlic
- 1/2 onion
- 4 tablespoons of tahini
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup water
- Sweet paprika
- Drain and rinse the cooked chickpeas
- Chop garlic and onion
- Put chickpeas, tahini, garlic, and onion in a single bowl and season with lemon juice, cumin, salt and oil
- Add a little water and beat everything. Depending on how creamy you want it, you can add more water
- Before serving season with a little paprika
This recipe is compatible with the Fast Metabolism Diet – FMD Phase 3; The hummus serving for <20 pounds is 1/3 cup; the hummus serving for >20 pounds is 1/2 cup. For a full snack add phase veggies.