Baba Ganoush is a typical Middle Eastern dish based on roasted eggplant, tomato, parsley, and cumin. It is often confused with another similar dish, the mutabal, which is a cream of eggplant and tahini, a kind of fusion between hummus and baba ganoush, but of this recipe.
The one I propose is a fresh recipe, light and quick to prepare, adapts to all tastes and perfect for parties and snacks with friends.
Baba ganoushPrint This
- 1 large eggplant
- 1 tomato (optional)
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 clove garlic
- 1/2 lemon juice
- Preheat oven to 200 °C (400° F)
- Place the aubergines washed on baking paper in a baking sheet and roast for about 45 – 50 minutes; Rotate them 2 or 3 times
- When well cooked, let them cool and then peel them
- Meanwhile, finely chop the garlic, parsley, and mint
- To put in a mixer the pulp of eggplant, the garlic, the parsley, the mint, the cumin, the oil, the juice of lemon and the salt; Beat until cream
- If desired, cut the tomato into cubes and use it to decorate the cream (optional)
This recipe is compatible with the Fast Metabolism Diet – FMD Phase 3; With these quantities, you got one serving of healthy fats for <20 pounds.
WARNING FOR CELIAC: always check that the products that you use are certified without gluten, for who has doubts in this respect can be informed in the following link: http://bit.ly/GlutenFreeSymbol