Making bread at home is one of those traditions that seemed to have disappeared, and now it is coming back. I love making homemade bread, that’s why I share this super simple recipe to make an excellent 100% rye and vegan bread.
It is a simple recipe, and that requires only a few ingredients. Whenever I prepare this bread, I divide it into portions and freeze it, so that I can always have fresh bread on any occasion.
I hope you like it as much as I do!
Homemade Rye BreadPrint This
- 5 cup whole wheat rye flour
- 15 gr of dry yeast
- ½ teaspoon of salt
- 1 ½ or 2 cup of warm water
- ½ teaspoon of baking
- 1 teaspoon of psyllium husk (optional)
- Put the flour, the psyllium husk, the baking soda, and the salt in a bowl and mix well.
- Add the water with the envelope of yeast and knead everything until it is well mixed.
- To knead, it is advisable to wet your hands with a little water, to avoid sticking the dough.
- Prepare a bowl lined with a sheet of baking paper.
- Put the dough inside the bowl and cover with a cloth or transparent paper. Let stand about 3 hours away from the light.
- Preheat the oven to 356º F (180ºC).
- Remove the dough, which will have grown, and put it in a rectangular silicone mold.
- Bake for about 1 hour.
- When ready, unmold it and let it cool on a rack.
This recipe is suitable for the Fast Metabolism Diet – FMD Phase 1 y Phase 3.
Si se quiere, en Fase 3, antes de hornear el pan se puede espolvorear con semillas.