We all know that vegetables are essential in our alimentation, but sometimes eating them is not so easy; I go crazy for vegetable soups, risotto and baked vegetable with mayonnaise, etc. but there is food that no one can resist: cakes. So for the days that we’re not in the mood to eat so many veggies, I’ve created this simple and delicious recipe for pumpkin cake. It is a recipe super easy to make and is perfect for Phase 3 breakfast, accompanied by a good smoothie of vegetables and fruits. It is a vegetarian cake, dairy-free, very spongy and slightly moist inside.
A success on every occasion!
Pumpkin CakePrint This
- 1/2 cup oat, old-fashioned
- 1/4 cup of rye flour
- 1/4 cup of tapioca flour
- 3 cup of pumpkin
- 1 cup of carrot
- 1/2 cup of almond meal
- 1/2 cup of grated coconut
- 6 tablespoons sunflower oil
- 1/2 cup of chickpea flour
- 1 egg + 2 egg whites
- 1/2 cup of birch xylitol - or stevia to taste
- 1/2 cup of almond milk *
- 1 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- The first thing is to chop the pumpkin and carrots and bring them to boil in plenty of water.
- Preheat the oven to 330º F.
- Meanwhile, crush the oat with the help of a blender and combine it with the other flours, the cream of tartar and the baking soda.
- Put the flour mix in a big bowl and add the eggs, egg whites, oil and xylitol.
- Mix until is homogeneous and add the coconut milk.
- Drain the carrots and pumpkin and crush them in the blender, until turning them into a smooth puree.
- Add the puree and grated coconut; Mix everything until it is homogeneous.
- Put in a silicone mold and bake for about 45 or 50 minutes.
- Before removing it from the oven, let it rest for 10 minutes, inside the oven, with the lid half open.
This recipe is suitable for Fast Metabolism Diet Phase 3 – FMD P3. With these quantities, you get 6 grain servings, 6 healthy fat servings, 2 protein servings and 2 veggies servings for <20 pounds.
For this recipe, you may need:
*In this recipe, 1/2 cup of almond milk count as a condiment.