Despite the heat of these days, today I have decided to open the oven and prepare an apple cake. It is a delicate and original cake that has a special red color that is due to beet.
The union of the beets and the apple creates a sweet and intense flavor. It is an easy recipe to prepare, with that special touch. This delicious cake that will conquer all the public.
I wait for your opinions.
Until December 8th you'll have a 50% discount
Apple Cake... color redPrint This
- 3/8 cup of teff flour
- 1/4 cup of sorghum flour
- 1/8 cup of tapioca flour
- 2 egg whites
- 3 fuji apples
- 1/2 cooked beets
- 3 tablespoons birch xylitol
- 1/2 cup of oat milk*
- Orange zest
- 1/2 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- Preheat oven to 340º F (170º C)
- In a large bowl, mix all the dry ingredients
- In another bowl, beat the egg whites well and then add the oat milk
- Peel two apples and beat with beets until smooth
- Combine the egg whites, the milk and the puree to the compound of flour, to mix well
- Add the grated orange skin and mix again
- Pour the compound into a silicone mold
- Cut the remaining apple into slices and arrange them on the top of the cake
- Bake for 50 minutes in a ventilated oven
This recipe is suitable for the Fast Metabolism Diet – FMD Phase1. With these quantities, you get 3 full breakfasts for <20 pounds or 2 full breakfasts for >20 pounds.
*In this recipes you use 1/2 cup of oat milk like condiment. - WARNING FOR CELIAC: always check that the products that you use are certified without gluten, for who has doubts in this respect can be informed in the following link: http://bit.ly/GlutenFreeSymbol