Oatmeal is a cereal that has been cultivated for a long time. Already in the Bronze Age, in Central Europe, was cultivated, although the first remains of oats were found in Egypt where this cereal was considered a weed. It was widely used by many peoples, such as the Irish, the Scots, and the Huns.
Nowadays, this cereal returns to be very popular, mainly among the athletes, by its interesting characteristics; In fact, oats are a complete cereal, rich in vegetable proteins, unsaturated fats and B vitamins.
Today I propose a very simple way, to prepare oat milk of the fastest form.
Oat milkPrint This
- 3/4 cup raw oats
- 3 cups of water
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon (optional)
- Natural vanilla flavor (optional)
- 2 teaspoons birch xylitol (optional)
- Heat 1 cup of water until boiling and remove from heat
- Add the oat flakes to the hot water and let stand 30 minutes with a lid
- Beat the oats in a blender for 2 minutes
- Filter the compound* through a fine mesh strainer or a vegetable milk filter
- The milk obtained with this process is very dense, add 2 cups of water to dilute it and cinnamon, vanilla beans and xylitol or stevia to flavor
- Shake and store in the refrigerator
This recipe is compatible with the Fast Metabolism Diet – FMD Phase 1 and Phase 3; this recipe use 3/4 cups of raw oats which correspond to 1 serving of grains for >20 pounds in P1 or 2 servings of grains for >20 pounds in P3.
*The compound obtained after filtering the milk can be used in the preparation of cakes and bread. - WARNING FOR CELIAC: always check that the products that you use are certified without gluten, for who has doubts in this respect can be informed in the following link: http://bit.ly/GlutenFreeSymbolologíaSinGluten