Oats have been cultivated for a long time. The Irish, the Scots, the Huns, and many other peoples used oats.
Nowadays, this cereal returns to be very popular, mainly among the athletes, by its interesting characteristics; In fact, oats are a whole cereal, rich in vegetable proteins, unsaturated fats and B vitamins.
Today I propose a straightforward way to prepare oat milk very fast.
Oat milkPrint This
- 3/4 cup raw oats
- 3 cups of water
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon (optional)
- Natural vanilla flavor (optional)
- 2 teaspoons birch xylitol (optional)
- Heat 1 cup of water until boiling and remove from heat
- Add the oat flakes to the hot water and let stand 30 minutes with a lid
- Beat the oats in a blender for 2 minutes
- Filter the compound* through a fine mesh strainer or a vegetable milk filter
- The milk obtained with this process is very dense, add 2 cups of water to dilute it and cinnamon, vanilla beans and xylitol or stevia to flavor
- Shake and store in the refrigerator
This recipe is compatible with the Fast Metabolism Diet – FMD Phase 1 and Phase 3; this recipe use 3/4 cups of raw oats which correspond to 1 serving of grains for >20 pounds in P1 or 2 servings of grains for >20 pounds in P3.
*The compound obtained after filtering the milk can be used in the preparation of cakes and bread. - WARNING FOR CELIAC: always check that the products that you use are certified without gluten, for who has doubts in this respect can be informed in the following link: http://bit.ly/GlutenFreeSymbolologíaSinGluten