Quinoa is a pseudocereal originating in Bolivia and Peru; It has been used for centuries, although it has only recently become so popular. Its shape and consistency are perfect for replace of rice or couscous.
The recipe I propose today is very simple and easy to prepare; it is a good choice for the days that we have guests because it can be prepared quickly and its presentation is very original. 🙂
Round zucchini filled with quinoa and lentilsPrint This
- 8 round zucchini
- 4 cups of cooked quinoa
- 2 cups of cooked lentils
- 2 cups of mushrooms
- 1 onion
- 2 cups of fresh spinach
- 2 cups of cherry tomato
- 1 cup vegetable stock
- Preheat the oven to 190º C (370º F)
- Wash the zucchini and cut the top (The result should be like a small lid)
- Extract the pulp from the zucchini with a spoon until they are empty (careful not to break them)
- Wash and cut others vegetables (even zucchini pulp); put them in a pan with 3/4 cups of stock and let cook over medium heat for 10 minutes
- When the vegetables are cooked, add the quinoa, the lentils, and the remaining stock
- Add salt and thyme, set cook a few minutes
- Fill the zucchini with the quinoa and cover them with the upper section of the zucchini themselves
- Place the zucchini on a baking sheet covered with aluminum foil
- Bake for 50 minutes
This recipe is compatible with the Fast Metabolism Diet – FMD Phase 1 and Phase 3.
- Phase 1: Whit these quantities, get 4 dinners for <20 pounds. If you want to eat this dish for lunch, remember to integrate with phase fruit.
- Phase 3: In this phase, you have to use only half the quinoa (2 cups instead of 4), and you can add more vegetables. With these modified quantities, get 4 dinners for <20 pounds, remember to integrate with healthy fats.
WARNING FOR CELIAC: always check that the products that you use are certified without gluten, for who has doubts in this respect can be informed in the following link: http://bit.ly/GlutenFreeSymbol