New year’s eve is near, and I am sure you already have many exciting plans, celebrations with family and friends, great dinners and a lot of joy. In case you are still thinking about what to cook, I propose this recipe very simple but delicious as perfect snack or appetizer for these days.
Stuffed pumpkin flowers are a very typical recipe for Italy, the one I propose today is my version: healthier, lighter, vegetarian (optional) and dairy-free of this classic recipe. In this recipe, you can use this raw vegan cheese.
I hope you like it and I wish you all a happy new year! See you next year with a lot of new recipes!
Stuffed Pumpkin FlowersPrint This
- 8 pumpkin flowers
- 8 cherry tomatoes
- 1/4 cup of raw vegan cheese
- 8 anchovies in oil (optional)
- 1 whole egg
- 1/4 cup of lentils flour
- 2 or 3 tablespoons of almond milk *
- 1 pinch of salt
- 3 tablespoons of coconut oil
- Prepare the vegan cheese with this recipe.
- Cut the tomatoes into pieces.
- In a bowl, beat the egg with a pinch of salt, add the flour and almond milk, to form a semiliquid dough.
- Wash the pumpkin flowers very delicately and dry them with paper towels.
- Fill the flowers with 1/2 tablespoon of vegan cheese, one cut cherry tomato and one anchovy (optional).
- Wind the tip of the flowers to close them and pass them through the putty.
- Put the coconut oil in a non-stick satin, and fry the flowers over medium heat, a couple of minutes per side. Serve the hot flowers.
This recipe is suitable for the Fast Metabolism Diet – FMD Phase 3; with these quantities, you get 2 servings of healthy fats for <20 pounds. For a full dinner, integrate with the remaining portion of protein and phase vegetables.
* In this recipe 3 tablespoons of almond milk are used as a seasoning - WARNING FOR CELIAC: always check that the products that you use are certified without gluten, for who has doubts in this respect can be informed in the following link: http://bit.ly/GlutenFreeSymbol