Sometimes, I like to look at my old recipes and renew them giving them a new unique touch. After the success of my tofu sticks with the aroma of thyme, I decided to create a new version of this recipe giving it an oriental feel. It is an easy and delicious recipe, perfect for a Phase 2 snack for vegans and Lacto-ovo vegetarians.
Tofu sticks with Turmeric & GingerPrint This
- 170 gr. of tofu to the natural
- 1 teaspoon of turmeric
- 1 teaspoon curry
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- Fresh ginger
- Freeze the tofu for 8 hours or the night before
- Preheat the oven to at 350º F (180º C)
- Let the tofu unfreeze and cut into sticks about one centimeter thick
- Put the sticks on kitchen paper and put salt on them
- Let stand for a couple of minutes and then with another piece of kitchen paper dry the sticks as much as possible
- Tofu, after being unfrozen will lose a lot of water. It has to lose all water possible
- In a bowl, mix turmeric, ginger, and curry and sprinkle the sticks with this mix.
- Grate a little bit of fresh ginger above the stick and arrange them on a baking sheet lined with baking parchment
- Bake for 25 minutes or until entirely crispy.
This recipe is compatible with the Fast Metabolism Diet – FMD Phase 2 ONLY for vegans; With these quantities, you get two snacks for >20 pounds or 1 breakfast for >20 pounds. For a complete breakfast add phase vegetables.