Today I want to propose a recipe that is very easy to prepare per is very scenic at the time of serving. It is a yellow pepper stuffed with meat and vegetables.
This recipe is a true classic in my family since my grandmother used to prepare a very similar one for me when I was little; she used red peppers, tomatoes, cheese, and more ingredients. Inspired by the recipe of my grandmother, I have decided to create my lighter and healthier version of this delicious dish, I sincerely hope you like it.
Until December 8th you'll have a 50% discount
Stuffed Yellow PeppersPrint This
- 2 yellow peppers
- 120 gr of minced pork
- 1/2 red pepper
- 1/2 cup of mushrooms
- 1/4 onion
- 1 leek
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 tablespoon of tamari sauce (optional)
- 1/2 cup of vegetable broth or chicken
- White pepper to taste
- Wash the peppers well and cut the top, creating a cover for the same pepper.
- With a knife or with your hands, remove all the white parts and seeds, from the peppers.
- Preheat the oven to 392ºF (200ºC).
- Meanwhile, peel the garlic and onion and chop finely.
- Wash the remaining vegetables and cut them into small pieces.
- Put in a nonstick skillet, garlic, and onion in 3 tablespoons of broth; sauté until the onion is transparent.
- Add the remaining vegetables in small pieces and the tamari sauce (optional); cook about 10 minutes. If necessary, add a few tablespoons of broth.
- Meanwhile, wrap the peppers with their own lids in silver paper and bake them for 5 minutes. Take them out of the oven and open the wrapper to cool them down a bit.
- Add the meat to the toast and cook 10 minutes more. Adjust salt and pepper. If necessary, add a few tablespoons of broth.
- When 10 minutes have passed, fill the peppers with the mixture of meat and vegetables and at least 1 tablespoon of cooking broth.
- Cover the peppers with their lids and wrap them again in silver paper. Bake about 20 minutes *.
- Serve yellow fillings, covered with their lid and accompanied with phase vegetables.
This recipe is suitable for the Fast Metabolism Diet – FMD Phase 1, 2 and 3. With these amounts, you get 1 serving of protein for <20, with a few vegetables.
*In this time the yellow pepper, will be a tad "al dente," it is ok, since this way it will better retain the filling.