Today, I like to share my recipe for a vegan Pumpkin Spice Latte. This drink was invented by Starbucks to celebrate Halloween, and we must admit that it is delicious. So I have created my healthy version of this recipe so that I can take it with no worries.
Vegan Pumpkin spice lattePrint This
- 3/4 cup of almond or hazelnut or cashew milk
- 1/4 cup coconut milk (boxed, NOT canned)
- 1 cup of pumpkin
- 3 teaspoons of birch xylitol or stevia to taste
- Cinnamon to taste
- Anise to taste
- A pinch Black pepper
- 3 cloves
- 2 teaspoons of a vegetable substitute of coffee, like Cafix or Pero
- Peel and chop the pumpkin and put it in a pot with water, a teaspoon of cinnamon, three cloves and a teaspoon of birch xylitol or stevia to taste.
- Let boil the pumpkin until is perfectly cooked.
- In another casserole, heat the vegan milk with the remaining xylitol or stevia.
- Drain the cooked pumpkin and squeeze it to lose the water.
- When the milk is boiling add the 2 teaspoons of your coffee substitute.
- Beat the pumpkin with the vegan milk, cinnamon, anise and a pinch of black pepper.
- Serve in a large glass or cup and add 1/4 cup of cold coconut milk. Decorate with a cinnamon stick.
This recipe is suitable for the Fast Metabolism Diet – FMD Phase3; With these amounts, you get 1 P3 complete snack for <20 pounds.
I hope you like this recipe as much as I do,