Although I like a lot the fresh fruit, sometimes it can be a little to eat it. For this reason I like to think of ingenious and original ways to give it a different touch.
The recipe that I propose to you today, is very easy to prepare and only requires few ingredients. It is a jelly fruit, prepared with agar agar, so that it is 100% vegan. I have chosen peach and raspberry, but it can be made with any other fruit, just free your imagination 🙂
Vegan Bicolor JellyPrint This
- 1 cup peach
- 1/2 cup raspberries
- 1 1/2 teaspoons agar agar powder
- 1/2 lemon
- 3/4 cup water
- 1/2 tablespoon of birch xylitol or stevia to taste (optional)
- Wash and puree the raspberries with a blender
- [OPTIONAL] With a fine strainer, strain the raspberry puree to remove all seeds. This process may require time, but it is entirely optional.
- In a casserole, heat 1/4 cup water and add 1/2 teaspoon agar agar and xylitol (optional)
- When the water is boiling, remove it from the heat and add it to the raspberry puree
- Mix well and place the puree in a glass
- Save the puree in the refrigerator for at least an hour; if the inclined shape is desired, incline the glass
- After 1 hour, peel, chop and beat the peach with the lemon juice until turning into a creamy puree
- In a casserole, heat 1/2 cup of water and add 1 teaspoon of agar agar
- When the water is boiling, remove it from the heat and add it to the peach puree
- Mix well and place the puree in the glass, on top of the raspberry puree
- Leave in the refrigerator three hours more
This recipe is suitable for the Fast Metabolism Diet – FMD Phase 1 and Phase 3; With the quantities of this recipe, you got 1 serving of fruit for >20 pounds. You can eat this recipe instead of fruit, in every meal or snack where the fruit is allowed.