Today I want to propose an easy and fun idea for breakfast: homemade granola with hazelnuts and coconut. This recipe is easy and quick to make, 100% vegan and it is sugar-free. It is also a fun and versatile recipe, you can use this granola on yogurt (vegan or not), as a topping for a smoothie or just as cereal to accompany the milk you prefer, I love it with almond milk.
I hope you like it as much as I do!
Homemade Sugar-free granola with hazelnuts and coconutPrint This
- 1 1/2 cup old-fashioned rolled oats
- 1/2 cup of raw hazelnuts
- 1/2 cup of grated coconut
- 1/4 cup of raw pecan
- 3 tablespoons of coconut oil
- 6 tablespoons of birch xylitol
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Preheat the oven at 275º F.
- In a bowl, mix all ingredients, except coconut oil and xylitol.
- Put the oil and xylitol in a small pot over low heat, until it dissolves completely.
- Join the oil and xylitol to the rest of the ingredients and mix well.
- Put the mixture on a tray lined with baking paper and bake about 45 minutes.
- Let cool and break the granola into small irregular pieces.
This recipe is suitable for the Fast Metabolism Diet, FMD Phase 3. With these amounts, you get 6 grain servings and 6 healthy fat servings for <20 pounds.
WARNING FOR CELIAC: always check that the products that you use are certified without gluten, for who has doubts in this respect can be informed in the following link: http://bit.ly/GlutenFreeSymbolologíaSinGluten