Rice pudding is a dessert very typical of Spain, although it is also popular in several Latin American countries. Although it is considered a dessert of Asturian origin, it seems that it was born in Andalusia, although thanks to the quality of the Asturian milk this dish has become a real delight.
Personally, I love this dish, apart from being delicate and very simple to prepare, I have a lot of childhood memories linked to rice pudding, since my grandmother, I always prepared it. For this reason, I have decided to create an even healthier and vegan version, so that everyone can enjoy this fantastic dish.
In this recipe, you use oat milk, you can buy it or make it yourself with this recipe.
Until December 8th you'll have a 50% discount
Vegan Rice puddingPrint This
- 1/3 cup of brown rice (raw)
- 1/4 cup oat milk
- 2 tablespoons birch xylitol
- 1 1/2 cup water
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 1 piece of whole lemon skin (only the yellow part)
- In a pot, pour oat milk, water, brown rice, a cinnamon stick and a piece of lemon peel
- Remove with a spatula and simmer for 40 or 45 minutes
- You see stirring every 5 minutes so it does not stick
- When the rice is ready for about 10 minutes, add the xylitol and mix well
- Remove the cinnamon and lemon peel and put it in a cup; Serve it cold with powder cinnamon
This recipe is compatible with the Fast Metabolism Diet – FMD Phase 1; These amounts correspond to 1 serving of grains for <20 pounds. This recipe can be consumed in any of the three main P1 meals, integrate with the remaining foods.
*In this recipe 1/4 cup of oat milk is used as a seasoning. - It is important to put to cook all the ingredients cold so that the rice is not browned. - WARNING FOR CELIAC: always check that the products that you use are certified without gluten, for who has doubts in this respect can be informed in the following link: http://bit.ly/GlutenFreeSymbol