This buckwheat cake with cacao and pearls is one of my favorite cake recipes, ideal as a special breakfast or dessert, especially for those days when we feel like something a little sweeter and sweeter in Phase 1.
Gluten-free and delicious
In addition to being very healthy and delicious, this cake is also gluten-free as it is made with buckwheat flour. So it is also ideal for celiac people.
Try a different version
Although the combination of pears and cocoa is one of the best, you can give this cake a different touch by using carob flour instead of cacao powder, or by using apples instead of pears.
Watch the recipe video here:
Ver esta publicación en Instagram
Buckwheat cake with pears and cacaoPrint This
- 3 pears
- 3/4 cup of buckwheat flour
- 4 tablespoons birch xylitol or stevia to taste
- 2 tablespoons of 100% pure and raw cocoa
- 2 tablespoons arrowroot or tapioca flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder (I use 1/2 baking soda and 1/2 cream of tartar)
- 2 egg whites
- 1/2 cup oat or rice milk
- Preheat the oven to 350 ºF (180 ºC).
- Wash the pears well, cut one into small pieces and reserve the other two for later.
- Put the chopped apple in a large bowl and crush it with the blender until you obtain a homogeneous puree.
- Add the flours, the sweetener, the cacao, and the baking powder, and mix.
- Also add the egg whites, and the oat milk and mix until you get a homogeneous mass.
- Pour the mixture into a silicone mold and decorate with the two remaining pears, cut into thin slices.
- Bake the cake for 45/55 minutes.
This recipe is compatible with the Fast Metabolism Diet – FMD Phase 1; With these quantities, you get 3 breakfasts for <20 pounds or 2 breakfasts for >20 pounds.
If you liked this recipe, leave me a comment or share it with your friends!