Nachos with guacamole are a wonderful treat, and if you make a healthy and delicious version like this, you can have this treat guilt-free.
This recipe for chickpea flour nachos is super easy and quick to make, requires only a handful of ingredients, and is 100% vegan and gluten-free. Perfect for any occasion.
Try them in Phase 3, with some pico de gallo (tomato, onion, jalapeño, coriander, lemon juice), guacamole and cashew nut “cheese”.
They will surprise you!
Chickpea Flour Nachos [Vegan & Gluten-free]Print This
- 1 cup of chickpea flour
- 3 tablespoons of EVO oil
- 3 - 4 tablespoons of warm water
- 1/2 teaspoon of baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon of smoked paprika
- Black pepper
- Sea salt
- Preheat the oven to 350 ºF (175 ºC).
- In a large bowl, mix the dry ingredients: chickpea flour, baking soda, paprika, pepper, and salt.
- Add the oil and mix well until you get a sandy texture.
- Add the water spoon by spoon, while mixing.
- Knead with your hands, until you get a smooth dough.
- Place the dough between two sheets of baking paper and roll it out finely with a rolling pin. The thickness should be a couple of millimeters.
- Cut the dough into triangles, and bake about 10 – 15 minutes, until the edges are lightly browned.
- Try them with some pico de gallo (tomato, onion, jalapeño, coriander, lemon juice), guacamole and cashew nut “cheese”.
This recipe is compatible with the Fast Metabolism Diet – FMD Phase 3; With these quantities, you get 4 protein servings and 1 healthy fat serving for <20 pounds.