The clafoutis is a typical French cake very creamy, is made with whole cherries (yes, with bone and everything) and a liquid mass, similar to that of the crepes. It is a dessert originally from Lemosín, but spread rapidly throughout the country. Although the original clafoutis is prepared with cherries, there are many variants with other fruits, each of a different region and each with a different name.
The version I propose today is vegan and gluten free but retains all the charm of the traditional recipe; It is also very useful when reusing the remains that remain when preparing homemade oat milk.
Let’s see what you think!
Clafoutis vegano de cerezasPrint This
- 3 cup of whole cherries
- 3/8 cup of oat flour
- 3/4 cup of oat flakes or the remains of oat milk
- 3 tablespoons of chickpea flour
- 1/2 cup oat milk *
- 3 tablespoons birch xylitol
- Lemon zest
- Preheat the oven to 180º C (350º F)
- In a large bowl, mix the oat flour with the xylitol and lemon zest and mix well
- In a small bowl prepare a vegan egg by mixing 3 tablespoons of chickpea flour with 3 of water
- Beat the oat flakes with 1/4 cup of boiling water, to obtain a moist porridge; This passage can be skipped if you use the remains of the oat milk
- Add the vegan egg, moist porridge (or milk remains) and oat milk to the flour mixture and mix well
- Wash the cherries and put them whole in the bottom of a silicone mold
- Pour all the compound on the cherries; it is not necessary that they are completely covered
- Bake in a ventilated oven for 40 minutes
This recipe is suitable for the Fast Metabolism Diet – FMD Phase1 and Phase 3;
- Phase 1: With these quantities, you get 3 full breakfasts for <20 pounds or 2 full breakfasts for >20 pounds.
- Phase 3: With these quantities, you get 6 servings of grains and 3 of fruits for <20 pounds or 4 servings of grains and 2 of fruit for >20 pounds. It also contains less than one serving of protein. For a full breakfast add the remaining fruit and protein and healthy fats and phase vegetables.
*In this recipes you use 1/2 cup of oat milk like condiment. - WARNING FOR CELIAC: always check that the products that you use are certified without gluten, for who has doubts in this respect can be informed in the following link: http://bit.ly/GlutenFreeSymbol