We are already in September, so it is time for a new Japanese recipe. Today’s recipe is a straightforward recipe and easy to prepare, one of the most iconic dishes of Japanese cuisine: the sushi chirashi.
The chirashi is also called “scattered sushi,” in a few words it is sushi in a bowl; the base is rice and usually carries vegetables, seaweed, and fish. This is without doubt one of my favorite recipes, the version I propose is with wild rice and fresh salmon, but I recommend you try it with tuna or prawns. Along with the salmon I used radishes, cucumbers, and seaweed which are the most common vegetables in this type of preparation but added my personal touch with a handful of radish sprouts. You can prepare this recipe also with other sprouts or a little rocket.
Accompany it with a little sunomono for a perfect Japanese dinner.
I hope you like it 🙂
Chirashi sushi bolPrint This
- 1/6 cup of raw wild rice
- 170 gr of fresh salmon
- 1/2 cucumber
- 3 radishes
- 1 handful of sprouts (leeks, alfalfa ...)
- 1 teaspoon mixed chopped seaweed (wakame, nori ...)
- 2 tablespoons of sesame oil
- 2 teaspoons of raw white sesame
- 2 teaspoons of raw black sesame
- 1 tablespoon of apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon birch xylitol or stevia to taste
- Tamari sauce
- Gari (pickled ginger)
- Cook over medium-low heat the wild rice in 2 parts of water for one of rice, covered, for about 40 minutes or according to the time indicated on the package.
- In a bowl, mix the vinegar and the sweetener
- When the rice has absorbed all the water and is perfectly cooked, put it on a plate and dress with the vinegar mixture. Mix well and let cool.
- Wash all vegetables well. Cut the radishes into thin slices and the cucumber into small squares.
- Cut the fresh salmon into an elongated strip and cut several slices of the same size and thickness.
- Place the rice in the base of a bowl and place the vegetables in the middle of the bowl. Dress the vegetables with the sesame oil and a little salt.
- Place the cut salmon on the other half of the bowl.
- Garnish with chopped seaweed and black and white sesame.
- Serve with tamari sauce, wasabi, and gari.
This recipe is suitable for the Fast Metabolism Diet – FMD Phase3; With these amounts, you get 1 protein serving, 1 grain serving and 1 healthy fat serving, for <20 pounds.
For this recipe, you may need: