I have to confess: I love when people come to my house, for lunch or dinner; I like to set the table for many people, go to shopping food and make a meal that surprises everyone. But sometimes things do not go so well: there are days that I find myself having to cook for many, and I almost do not have time.
That’s how my almond cookies were born, an easy and tasty recipe that is ready in just 10 minutes. It is also prepared with only a handful of ingredients so its perfect if you are in a hurry.
I hope you like it 🙂
With these quantities, I got 46 tiny cookies.
Almond cookies ready in 10 minutesPrint This
- 2 egg whites
- 1/4 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 1/2 cup almond meal (Raw almonds finely chopped)
- 4 tablespoons birch xylitol
- Nutmeg or cinnamon
- Preheat the oven to 320º F (160ºC).
- Put the egg whites at room temperature in a large bowl, add the cream of tartar and beat them until they form stiff peaks.
- In another bowl, mix the almond meal, birch xylitol, and nutmeg or cinnamon.
- Combine the almond meal compound to the egg whites, one tablespoon at a time, always amalgamating the mixture.
- Transfer the dough into a pastry bag and form a round cookie (or the desired shape) on top of a baking sheet lined with baking paper.
- Bake for 10 minutes and let them cool in the oven.
This recipe is suitable for the Fast Metabolism Diet – FMD Phase 3; With the quantities of this recipe, you got 2 snacks for <20 pounds (regardless of the number of cookies you obtain). Remember to add phase vegetables to complete your snack.
WARNING FOR CELIAC: always check that the products that you use are certified without gluten, for who has doubts in this respect can be informed in the following link: http://bit.ly/GlutenFreeSymbol