The Plum Cake is a sweet with raisins and dried fruit of English origin, mainly used at teatime. Over the years, it has been changing a lot and has become more appropriate for breakfast, introducing ingredients such as yogurt.
The recipe that I propose today is a very special version of the plum cake, not only is vegan and gluten free but it is thought to start the day in the sweetest and healthy way. Thanks to the mixture of pears and Sorghum flour this Plum cake remains sweet and fluffy, ideal for breakfast and much appreciated by adults and children.
Until December 8th you'll have a 50% discount
Vegan and Gluten-free Plum Cake with PearsPrint This
- 3/8 cup of sorghum flour
- 1 and 1/2 ripe pears
- 1/4 cup of oat milk
- 1 and 1/2 teaspoons of birch xylitol
- 1/2 lemon
- 1/2 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- Preheat the oven to 160º C (320º F) if it is ventilated or 180º C (350º F) if it is static
- Peel and cut the pears into small pieces and beat the half until puree and leave the other half to soak in cold water with a few drops of lemon juice, to avoid that it oxidizes
- Mix the pear puree with the oat milk and form a homogeneous compound
- In a large bowl mix the flour with baking soda, cream of tartar and xylitol
- Combine the pear and milk mixture in the flour and mix until a homogeneous compound
- Pour the compound into a (small) silicone mold for plum cakes
- Drain well the pears in pieces and put them in the top part of the plum cake
- Grate lemon peel over pears
- Bake for 30/35 minutes
This recipe is compatible with the Fast Metabolism Diet – FMD Phase 1; With these quantities, you get a complete breakfast P1 for >20 pounds.
WARNING FOR CELIAC: always check that the products that you use are certified without gluten, for who has doubts in this respect can be informed in the following link: http://bit.ly/GlutenFreeSymbol
If you liked this recipe leave me a comment and share it with your friends.