This recipe for quinoa with apple and cinnamon is the ideal breakfast for cold days. It is a straightforward and quick recipe to prepare, 100% vegan and gluten-free. Perfect to start the day!
Quinoa with apple & cinnamonPrint This
- ½ cup of uncooked quinoa
- 2 apples
- ½ cup of oat milk *
- 2 tablespoons of birch xylitol or Stevia to taste
- 2 teaspoons of cinnamon
- 1 pinch of salt
- The night before: rinse the quinoa thoroughly and cook it in plenty of water with a pinch of salt, for 20 minutes or the time indicated on the container.
- The next day: preheat the oven to 356ºF (180ºC).
- Mix the oatmeal milk with the edulcorant and the cinnamon.
- Place the quinoa in a bowl or baking dish, pour the oat milk preparation on top and mix well.
- Wash the apples, cut them into thin slices and place them on top of the quinoa. Sprinkle with a little extra cinnamon.
- Bake for 15 minutes and serve hot.
This recipe is suitable for the Fast Metabolism Diet – FMD Phase 1. With these amounts, you get 2 servings of grains and 2 servings of fruit for <20 pounds.
*In this recipe, oat milk count as a condiment - WARNING FOR CELIAC: always check that the products that you use are certified without gluten, for who has doubts in this respect can be informed in the following link: http://bit.ly/GlutenFreeSymbol