These days here in Barcelona is making a record heat and each person has its tricks to survive. It is who do not leave home without a bottle of ice water, who enters all the stores because it is cooler, who stays in front of a fan all day, who goes to the beach or pool and who eats an ice cream after another.
I am one of the latter: the ice cream is essential to overcome the summer! So I’ve been preparing ice cream, popsicles, sorbets, and cold tarts for a few days; Today I propose a raw vegan strawberry sorbet, a true delight, which is prepared in few minutes.
You can find the recipe for oatmeal milk here.
Raw vegan strawberry sorbetPrint This
- 1 cup strawberries
- 1/4 cup oat milk *
- 1 or 2 tablespoons of birch xylitol or stevia
- In a bowl mix the oat milk with the xylitol and stir until the xylitol dissolves
- Pour the milk into ice cubes mold and leave in the freezer for at least 12 hours
- Wash the strawberries, cut them into small pieces and freeze them for at least 12 hours
- Place frozen strawberries and milk cubes in a blender (ice pickle mode) and beat a few minutes
- Add 2 tablespoons of water and continue beating until it has the desired consistency
This recipe is suitable for the Fast Metabolism Diet – FMD Phase1; With the quantities of this recipe, you got 1 serving of fruit for <20 pounds. You can eat this recipe instead of fruit, in every meal where the fruit is.
*In this recipes you use 1/4 cup of oat milk like condiment. - WARNING FOR CELIAC: always check that the products that you use are certified without gluten, for who has doubts in this respect can be informed in the following link: http://bit.ly/GlutenFreeSymbol