Spring has officially arrived in Barcelona. Every time it gets less cold, the days get longer. The coat starts to be unnecessary. The city has a different color. So today I decided to prepare a simple recipe but at the same time fun and full of colors, a hot recipe but winks at the new season, a straightforward recipe, perfect to enjoy our vegetables even in Phase 2. Let’s see what it is about.
Spring Veggie BowlPrint This
- 3 cup baby spinach
- 1 cup of green beans
- 1/2 red bell pepper
- 1 yellow bell pepper
- 10 asparagus
- 1/4 onion
- 1 garlic
- 1 piece of fresh ginger
- 1 cup of vegetable broth
- Salt and white pepper
- Wash all vegetables carefully.
- Chop the garlic, onion and red pepper into small pieces and put them to sauté a few minutes in the pan with 1/2 cup of broth.
- Meanwhile cut the green beans, the asparagus, and the yellow pepper into pieces of approximately 2 cm.
- When the onion is transparent, add the spinach, the green beans and the rest of the broth.
- Let cook a few minutes and add the rest of the vegetables.
- Adjust salt and pepper and grate little fresh ginger on top. Leave to cook until all the broth evaporates.
This recipe is compatible with the Fast Metabolism Diet – FMD Phase 2 and Phase 3; You can eat at any time of the day: it only contains vegetables.