As you may have noticed by my latest recipes, I begin to feel the need for fresh and light dishes; For this reason, today I propose a very simple dish to make, very fresh and with a really original flavor. These are tempeh dumplings served on lettuce leaves, it’s a truly amazing raw and vegan dish.
This recipe is very suitable both for a family dinner and for an aperitif among friends, and it is best to prepare in a few minutes, and if you have children they will love to help you.
I hope your opinions!
Albóndigas crudiveganas de tempehPrint This
- 8 oz. of tempeh
- 4 leaf of romaine lettuce
- 1/2 cup of arugula
- 1/2 red pepper
- 1/2 red onion
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 lemon
- 1 teaspoon fresh thyme
- 1 pinch of pepper
- Cut the tempeh into pieces and let it soak for about 12 hours
- Wash all vegetables well
- Chop the red pepper and onion finely
- Place the drained tempeh, half of the chopped onion, thyme, garlic, pepper, salt and lemon juice in a blender; Beat until it is a homogeneous compound, similar to wet sand
- With your hands, form a few balls of sandy compound; It works very easily
- On a plate, place 2 leaves of romaine lettuce and stuff them with the tempeh dumplings
- Decorate with chopped red pepper, remaining chopped onion and arugula
This recipe is compatible with the Fast Metabolism Diet – FMD Phase 2 ONLY for vegans; With these quantities, you get 4 snacks for <20 pounds or 2 meals for <20 pounds.
WARNING FOR CELIAC: always check that the products that you use are certified without gluten, for who has doubts in this respect can be informed in the following link: http://bit.ly/GlutenFreeSymbol