The marshmallow is undoubtedly one of the most famous treats in the world and it is also very fun. It has a sweet taste like a candy but its texture is like a cloud. Today I propose my healthy and sugar-free version of this sweet, so that you can surprise your partner with a bag of handmade goodies on Valentine’s Day.
Happy Valentine’s Day to everyone!
Sugar-free MarshmallowPrint This
- 3 egg whites
- 1 tablespoons agar agar powder (not flakes or strings)
- 1/2 cup of birch xylitol
- 1/2 vanilla pod
- 1 tablespoon of arrowroot (optional)
- 1 cup of water
- 1 teaspoon cream of tartar
- In a large bowl, start to whisk the egg whites. Add the cream of tartar. Keep whisking until stiff peaks forms.
- With a knife cut the vanilla bean and remove the seeds, add the seeds to the whites and beat again.
- Made a sort of syrup: boil the water and agar agar for 3 minutes stirring frequently.
- Add xylitol and boil for another 3 minutes stirring constantly over medium-low heat.
- While whisking the egg whites add 1 teaspoon of syrup. Pay attention not to disassemble the egg whites. Continue until you finish the water. There must be a white, shiny and sparkling compound.
- Optional: Sprinkle the base of a silicone mold with 1/2 tablespoon of arrowroot.
- Pour the compound into a silicone mold (or another mold lined with baking paper) and level it with a spatula.
- Optional: sprinkle the surface with the remaining arrowroot.
- Leave in the refrigerator at least 2 hours.
- Demolish carefully and cut into squares.
This recipe is compatible with the Fast Metabolism Diet – FMD Phase 2; With these quantities, you got 3 protein servings for P2 snack for <20 pounds.
WARNING FOR CELIAC: always check that the products that you use are certified without gluten, for who has doubts in this respect can be informed in the following link: http://bit.ly/GlutenFreeSymbology