The marshmallow is undoubtedly one of the most famous treats in the world and it is also very fun. It has a sweet taste like a candy but its texture is like a cloud. Today I propose my healthy and sugar-free version of this sweet, so that you can surprise your partner with a bag of handmade goodies on Valentine’s Day.
Happy Valentine’s Day to everyone!
Sugar-free MarshmallowPrint This
- 3 egg whites
- 4 tablespoons of gelatin powder (natural, grass-fed and flavorless)
- 1/2 cup of birch xylitol
- 1/2 vanilla pod
- 1 spoonful of arrowrot (optional)
- 1 cup of water
- 1 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 1 pinch of salt
- Process the xylitol with the blender for a few minutes to make it like a powder.
- In a large bowl, start to mount the whites to snow. Add the cream of tartar and little by little the crushed xylitol. Keep beating until you get perfectly mounted whites.
- With a knife cut the vanilla bean and remove the seeds, add the seeds to the whites and beat more pair to impregnate them.
- Mix the gelatin with 1 cup of boiling water and mix well. The gelatin has to get rid of completely. Add 1 pinch of salt.
- Beat the whites again and slowly add 1 teaspoon of water with gelatin. Attention not to disassemble the whites. Continue until you finish the water. There must be a white, shiny and sparkling compound.
- Optional: Sprinkle the base of a silicone mold with 1/2 spoonful of arrowroot.
- Pour the compound into a silicone mold (or another mold lined with baking paper) and level it with a spatula.
- Optional: sprinkle the surface with the remaining arrowroot.
- Leave in the refrigerator at least 2 hours.
- Demolish carefully and cut into squares.
This recipe is compatible with the Fast Metabolism Diet – FMD Phase 2; With these quantities, you got 4 protein servings for P2 snack for <20 pounds.
WARNING FOR CELIAC: always check that the products that you use are certified without gluten, for who has doubts in this respect can be informed in the following link: http://bit.ly/GlutenFreeSymbology