The rice cake is a typical recipe from Italy, as often happens, each region has its own variant, with or without raisins, with rum, with almonds, with or without butter … the variations are many. But today I want to propose my personal version, thought to be as healthy as possible and preserve the essence of the original rice cake.
Until December 8th you'll have a 50% discount
Tarta de arroz sin gluten ni lactosaPrint This
- 1-1/4 cup of brown rice (not cooked)
- 1 cup of oat milk*
- 4 cup of water
- 3.5 tablespoon of birch xylitol
- Lemon peel (no grated)
- 3 egg whites
- 1 apple
- Preheat the oven at 350°F (180°C)
- Start by boiling the water and milk with cinnamon, birch xylitol and a piece of lemon peel in a large skillet
- When it is boiling, add the brown rice and let it cook over medium heat; mix occasionally so it does not stick
- Let the rice cook until it is cooked and has absorbed all the liquid and has the consistency of a dry risotto (if the liquid is absorbed before the rice is cooked, add boiling water, never cold water)
- When the rice is ready to let it cool
- Peel the apple and mash it in a blender until it is a homogenous puree
- In a bowl beat the egg whites and add the apple
- Remove the lemon peel from the cold rice, join the rice to the egg whites and mix until homogeneous
- Put the compound in a silicone mold and bake for 55/60 minutes
This recipe is compatible with the Fast Metabolism Diet – FMD P1; These amounts correspond to 3 breakfasts for <20 pounds, or 2 breakfasts for >20 pounds. For a complete breakfast add the remaining phase fruit.
*In this recipe 1/2 cup of oat milk is used as a seasoning. - WARNING FOR CELIAC: always check that the products that you use are certified without gluten, for who has doubts in this respect can be informed in the following link: http://bit.ly/GlutenFreeSymbol
If you liked this recipe do not forget to leave a comment and share it with your friends.