The story of the Brownies is interesting: it seems that, like the Tart Tatin, they were born by a mistake, when an American baker forgot to add yeast to a sponge cake. The result was a compact and tasty cake, which is now much appreciated. A few weeks ago, Erika, an FMD colleague, asked me if I had a recipe for Brownies and, after a long reflection, today I propose this recipe, super healthy but with all the flavor of the authentic brownie.
Classic & Gluten Free BrowniesPrint This
- 3 tablespoons of cacao paste or 6 tablespoon of raw cacao powder
- 2 eggs + 2 egg whites
- 9 tablespoons deodorized coconut oil
- 1/4 cup of chickpea flour
- 1/4 cup whole raw hazelnuts
- 1/4 cup of sorghum flour
- 3 tablespoon of tapioca flour
- 1/8 cup almond flour
- 6 tablespoons birch xylitol
- 1 pinch of salt
- Preheat the oven to 180º C (350º F).
- In a ceramic bowl, undo the cacao and coconut oil and mix until homogeneous.
- While the cacao and oil mixture is cooled slightly, lightly toasted the hazelnuts for 5 minutes in the oven at 180º C (350ºF).
- Allow to cool completely and cut into thick pieces.
- In a large bowl beat eggs, xylitol, and a pinch of salt.
- When the cacao and oil composition is no longer hot, add it to the eggs and stir until homogeneous.
- Add the flours and mix until the compound is homogeneous.
- Add chopped hazelnuts.
- Pour the compound into a square or rectangular silicone mold.
- Bake for 25 minutes in a static oven.
- After 25 minutes, remove from the mold to cool and cut into squares of the same dimension.
This recipe is compatible with the Fast Metabolism Diet – FMD Phase 3; With these quantities, you get 3 breakfasts for >20 pounds or 4.5 breakfasts for <20 pounds. For a full breakfast integrate with phase fruits and vegetables.
WARNING FOR CELIAC: always check that the products that you use are certified without gluten, for who has doubts in this respect can be informed in the following link: https://bit.ly/GlutenFreeSymbol
If you liked this recipe leave me a comment and share it with your friends 🙂