Breakfast is the most important meal of the day but sometimes it costs a little to eat in the morning so today I propose an easy and sweet recipe that, thanks to its ingredients, is perfect for the morning.
The perfect way to start the day!
Apple, carrot and oat cakePrint This
- 3 apples
- 1 carrot
- 1 1/2 cup of oats (old fashioned or steel cut)
- 2 tablespoons birch xylitol
- 1/2 taespoon of Baking soda
- Lemon juice
- Preheat the oven at 350º F (180ºC)
- Grind the oats, until they are rolled into flour
- Peel, chop and mash the apples and the carrot, until reduced in puree
- Add the xyliotol and the oatmeal to the puree and mix until creating a damp and homogeneous dough
- Put the dough in a mold of silicone
- Bake for 40 minutes
This recipe is suitable for the Fast Metabolism Diet – FMD Phase1. With these quantities, you get 3 full breakfasts for <20 pounds or 2 full breakfasts for >20 pounds.
WARNING FOR CELIAC: always check that the products that you use are certified without gluten, for who has doubts in this respect can be informed in the following link: http://bit.ly/GlutenFreeSymbol