The “Camille” is a sweet for breakfast, typical of Italy. These are tasty muffins with carrot and orange that became very fashionable in the ’80s, with the wave of concern for a healthier diet. Today I propose a version of this sweet even more delicate and gluten-free, perfect for all tastes.
This recipe is for about 12 pieces.
- 3/8 cup of Oat flour
- 3 tablespoons of tapioca flour
- 4 carrots
- 3/8 cup almond flour
- 4 and 1/2 tablespoons of sunflower oil
- 3 eggs
- 35 gr of chickpea flour
- Orange zest
- 4 tablespoons birch xylitol
- 1/2 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- Preheat the oven to 160º C (320º F)
- Put the eggs and the birch xylitol in a bowl and beat until obtain a clear and foamy compound
- Wash and peel the carrots and put in a blender until finely chopped
- Add the carrots to the eggs compound and beat until homogeneous
- In another bowl, mix all the flours, the cream of tartar and that baking soda; then incorporate them to the eggs and carrots compound
- Add the sunflower oil and the orange zest and beat until homogeneous
- Distribute the compound in paper muffin molds
- Bake for 25 minutes
This recipe is compatible with the Fast Metabolism Diet – FMD Phase 3; With these quantities, you get 3 breakfasts for >20 pounds. For a complete Breakfast add 1/3 of healthy fat portion and phase fruit.
AVISO PARA CELÍACOS: revisar siempre que las harinas que uséis sean certificadas sin gluten, para quien tenga dudas al respecto puede informarse ne el siguiente enlace http://bit.ly/SimbologíaSinGluten