This weekend is the one before Memorial Day, celebrated every last Monday in May in the United States to honor fallen soldiers in battle. Although originally established to commemorate the fallen soldiers in the Civil War, after the First World War it was decided to extend it to all the fallen soldiers in all the wars to which the country has participated.
This day is also an occasion to be with family, for this reason, today I propose a very simple and comfortable recipe to take, to be able to have breakfast with the families on this day.
Gluten-free cacao muffins with cherriesPrint This
- 3/8 cup oatmeal
- 3 tablespoons of tapioca flour
- 3/8 cup chickpea flour
- 2 eggs
- 4 tablespoons birch xylitol
- 1/2 cup hazelnut or almond milk *
- 4 tablespoons raw cacao powder
- 1 ½ cup of whole cherries
- 4.5 tablespoons sunflower oil
- 1/2 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- Preheat the oven to 160º C (320º F)
- In a bowl, mix all the flours with the cacao, bicarbonate and cream tartar
- In another bowl, join the eggs and xylitol and beat until a clear and foamy compound
- Add the hazelnut or almond milk and the oil to the egg compound, mix well
- Combine the liquid compound in the flour and mix until perfectly homogeneous
- Distribute the compound obtained in paper molds for muffins, filling the molds only up to 2/3
- Put a whole cherry in the center of each cupcake
- Bake in a ventilated oven for 35/40 minutes
This recipe is compatible with the Fast Metabolism Diet – FMD Phase 3; With these quantities, you get 3 breakfasts for >20 pounds. For a complete breakfast, add 1/2 serving of protein, 2/3 serving of healthy fats, 2/3 serving of fruit and phase vegetables.
*In this recipe 1/2 cup of hazelnut or almond milk is used as a seasoning.. - WARNING FOR CELIAC: always check that the products that you use are certified without gluten, for who has doubts in this respect can be informed in the following link: http://bit.ly/GlutenFreeSymbolologíaSinGluten